Reverse osmosis (RO) technology is an energy efficient technology. It relies on pressure to separate water and ions for purification and concentration. This process has no phase change, generally does not require heating, and has low energy consumption.
It has many advantages such as low operating cost, no pollution, convenient operation and reliable operation, high water quality, and the most energy-saving technology for seawater and brackish water desalination.It has been widely used in medicine, electronics, chemicals, food, desalination and many other industries. Reverse osmosis technology has become the preferred water treatment technology in modern industry. Reverse osmosis (RO) technology is an important part of membrane separation technology.
Reverse osmosis water treatment has the following features:
(1) Fresh water can be extracted from seawater or brackish water;
(2) Easy to remove organic matter, bacteria and colloids and other impurities dissolved in water to obtain high purity water;
(3) Since the reverse osmosis process is a physical process, there is no phase change, thus saving energy;
(4) Simple operation, easy to realize automation and save labor;
(5) Compact structure and small footprint, thus reducing costs;
(6) As a concentration method, it is possible to recover valuable components dissolved in the solution.