Membrane biological treatment technology is applied to wastewater recycling and has the following characteristics:
(1) The solid-liquid separation can be performed efficiently, and the suspended matter, the colloidal substance, and the microbial flora lost from the biological unit in the wastewater are separated from the purified water. The separation process is simple, the floor space is small, and the effluent water quality is good. Generally, it can be reused without three-stage treatment.
(2) The biomass in the biological treatment unit can be maintained at a high concentration, so that the volumetric load is greatly improved, and the high efficiency of membrane separation, the hydraulic retention time of the treatment unit is greatly shortened, and the footprint of the bioreactor is correspondingly reduced.
(3) It can prevent the growth of various microbial flora, and is beneficial to the growth of bacteria (nitrifying bacteria, etc.) with slow growth rate, so that various metabolic processes in the system can proceed smoothly.
(4) The residence time of some macromolecules which are difficult to degrade organic matter becomes longer, which is beneficial to their decomposition.
(5) Membrane treatment technology is the same as other filtration separation technologies. During long-term operation, the membrane is blocked as a filter medium, and the membrane is gradually reduced by the running time of the water. Effective backwashing and chemical cleaning can slow down the membrane flux. The decline in the maintenance of the effective life of the MBR system.
(6) MBR technology is applied in urban sewage treatment. Due to its simple process and convenient operation, it can realize fully automatic operation management and has been successfully applied in Shanghai sewage treatment project.